Other Residency Options


Your State Participates in the WUE Program

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program is a ‘guest pass' for students who are maintaining their residency in another state and do not intend to establish Colorado residency. If your state is part of this program, you may be eligible for reduced tuition. Find out if you qualify.

You/Your Parents' Job Was Transferred to Colorado

If your job or your parents' job was transferred to Colorado as part of the Economic Incentive Program, you may qualify for in-state tuition.

To qualify for in-state tuition, provide:

  • A letter from the employer confirming employment began before the move.
  • A letter from the State of Colorado confirming the employer has qualified for the Economic Incentive Program.

You Are a Ward of the State

To qualify for in-state tuition, provide:

  • Ward of the State document. You may need a correction form or a Petition for Residency, if more information is needed.
  • If, after providing the Ward of the State document, your residency status does not change and you believe you qualify for Colorado residency, please contact the Registrar's Office at your campus.

You are a Peace Corp Volunteer

Under the Colorado Tuition Classification for Peace Corps Volunteers Act (effective Fall 2023), a student who would not otherwise qualify for in-state tuition and who was certified by the director of the Peace Corps as having served satisfactorily as a Peace Corps Volunteer, is eligible to be classified

as an in-state student for tuition purposes. The student will receive resident rates once approved.

To qualify for this status:

  • Email Residency@frontrange.edu with a copy of your 'Certification of Service for Employment Purposes'
  • You can obtain this certification through the Peace Corps RPCV Portal

Four-Year Residency Rule

If your parents (or court-appointed legal guardians) reside in Colorado for four years and establish residency elsewhere, you will remain eligible for in-state tuition if:

  • Your parents leave Colorado after your junior year of high school and you enroll at a Colorado public college or university within three years and six months after your parents leave Colorado.
  • You maintain continuous residency in Colorado. This provision will generally be met if you continue to reside in Colorado after your parents leave or if you reside outside the state only temporarily (for example, to attend college or for military service) while maintaining Colorado connections, such as voter registration and income tax filing.

Email to tuition classification team in the Registrar's Office for more information about this option.


Feel free to reach out to our team.

Boulder County Campus

Administration Building
303-678-3635 | Email Us


Larimer Campus

Mount Antero Building
970-204-8107 | Email Us


Westminster Campus

Welcome Center 
303-404-5414 | Email Us