High Needs Student Emergency Scholarships
In this Section
- Career Advance Colorado
- Care Forward Colorado
- COSI Grants
- FRCC Foundation Scholarship
- High Needs Student Emergency Scholarships
- How Scholarships Affect Financial Aid
- Ongoing Scholarships
- Scholarship Listing
The purpose of the FRCC High Needs Fund is to award monetary assistance to current FRCC students who are experiencing an unforeseen financial hardship due to an emergency.
The program is administered by the FRCC Foundation. The foundation's High Needs Fund is possible because of support from the Foundation Board of Directors and our generous donors.
- Due to limited resources and until funds are depleted, funds will be given on a one‐time basis with a maximum of $500.00.
- The foundation will consider whether previous emergency support has been awarded to the student by the college or the foundation, with the goal being to award as many students as possible who did not receive any previous support.
- The award is intended to cover financial loss due to circumstances beyond the student's control (i.e. a crisis).
- If awarded, the funds will be deposited into the student's account and disbursed however they have setup their financial aid disbursements through BankMobile Disbursements. If a situation requires a check to be mailed directly to the student due to time constraints, arrangements can be made with the FRCC Foundation.
- Full-time or part-time FRCC employees are not eligible for these funds (Work-study or hourly students not withstanding). There is a separate fund and application available on the intranet for employees.
- The foundation will not consider any application until the application is completed in its entirety.
- If awarded funding, applicants cannot reapply.
- Emergency scholarship funds may be requested for the following: food, shelter, utility bills, car repairs, medical bills, cell phone, internet services, childcare or expenses related to the successful completion of their program at Front Range Community College.