FRCC Foundation Scholarship
FRCC Foundation Scholarships
New students who plan to attend FRCC in the fall of 2023, as well as all current FRCC students, are highly encouraged to apply for merit-based and financial need scholarships through the FRCC Foundation.
Scholarship awards vary depending on the type of scholarship. However, most FRCC Foundation scholarships range from $1,000 - $5,000 for full-time students and $500 - $1,000 for part-time students. Scholarships are awarded for the academic year and will be split between the fall and spring semesters.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0, preferred GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program at FRCC
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Completion of the 2023-2024 FAFSA or the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid is required by April 1, 2023
- Some named scholarships may require students to meet additional qualifications
The FRCC Foundation Scholarship application is now closed for 2023-2024. The application period is Dec 1 - Mar 1. Review our scholarship essay writing tips.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
FRCC students can also apply for a variety of other scholarships. To apply, simply click the links below:
- Blue Star Scholarship (for Veterans or Active Military)
Through a generous grant from McKee Foundation and their Blue Star Scholarship, the FRCC Foundation is awarding $25,000 to veterans or active military students.
- Early Childhood Partnership with Adams County (ECPAC) Scholarship
- Must be enrolled in the early childhood education program
- Must have worked in an early childhood facility for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be currently working a minimum of 20 hours/week in a licensed early childhood facility in Adams County
- Mahoney Transitional Scholarship
The Learning Source at FRCC offers a scholarship for students pursuing, or who have just earned, an high school equivalency diploma by passing the GED or HiSET Exam.
- Nevada Local Technical Assistance Program Scholarship
The Nevada Local Technical Assistance Program has partnered with the FRCC Foundation to offer scholarship funds to students seeking to advance their career through our online highway maintenance management program.
- Women in College Project
The goal of the Women in College Project is to provide a pathway toward self-sufficiency for single mothers without a high school diploma. Participants will work toward completing a high school equivalency diploma and start taking a college class at FRCC at the same time
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the FRCC Foundation scholarship application available?
The FRCC Foundation scholarship application is now closed for the 2023-2024 school year. The application is open from December 1 thru March 1 each year.
Who is eligible to apply for a foundation scholarship?
The FRCC Foundation has a multitude of scholarships available for just about every student. While some scholarships may require different eligibility requirements, the FRCC Foundation general eligibility criteria require that the student:
- Attend FRCC during the 2023-2024 academic school year
- Be seeking a degree and/or certificate
- Be a Colorado resident
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0, preferred GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Completes the FAFSA or the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid required by April 1, 2023
How do I access the FRCC foundation scholarship application in order to apply?
Students must have an active FRCC student email address in order to apply. The FRCC Foundation application is available online from December 1 thru March 1.
- Students who have not previously applied need to select “Sign Up” using their FRCC student email address.
- Once the student has signed up, an email will be sent to their student email address.
- This email will contain a link to activate their account and select a password.
- Once activation is successfully completed, students can use their student email address and the password they created to log in and apply for scholarships.
How do I get a student email address?
A student email address is assigned after an application to attend FRCC is submitted and processed. A scholarship application can only be submitted after you've applied to FRCC and have a student email address. The FRCC Foundation scholarship application has no fee, no entrance exams and will take approximately 15 minutes to complete (with the exception of the essay).
How many scholarships are available by completing the FRCC Foundation application?
It is important to note that a student can receive a maximum of two scholarships per academic year from the FRCC Foundation.
Students may apply for many other scholarships through the FRCC Foundation general application, but are limited to only two per academic year. Although students may use the same application, they may be asked to complete additional application materials such as additional letters of recommendation, transcripts and/or additional essay/short answer questions.
What is contained in the FRCC Foundation scholarship application?
The FRCC Foundation scholarship application asks students a series of questions in order to determine their eligibility for various scholarships. We ask that students answer the questions honestly and to the best of their ability. We understand that some questions, such as enrollment status for the upcoming year, may be challenging to determine so far in advance. As such, we ask students to answer based on what their intended plans are. Students will be required to do a short essay. Some of the extra opportunities may require additional documents, such as transcripts and/or letters of recommendation. The main application does not require letters of recommendation.
Who should students ask for letters of recommendation?
Letters of recommendation can come from a multitude of sources. Students are encouraged to ask for letters of recommendation from sources who know them well. Some suggestions would be from a current or former employer, a current academic instructor, a mentor etc.—recommendation letters but should not come from a family member. Letters of recommendation should come from sources who know the student well and can speak to why they would be a good candidate to receive a scholarship.
How and when do you ask someone to write a letter of recommendation?
It is advisable to give someone at least three to four weeks to write a letter of recommendation. When asking for letters of recommendation, asking in person, through email or by phone is always best. Be sure to use professional and appreciative language when making the request.
If a student is asking an FRCC faculty or staff member to do a letter of recommendation, the student must also submit the Student Release for Reference or Recommendation before that faculty/staff member is authorized to give the recommendation. Once the student submits the form, the faculty/staff member will be notified.
What are the FRCC Foundation scholarship essay requirements?
The essay should be two, double-spaced pages maximum and should answer the questions thoroughly. The essay portion is the most important part of the application process. Students are encouraged to have their essay reviewed by outside sources and to spend a considerable amount of time preparing their essay before it is submitted.
The FRCC Foundation essay question will be available by December 1, once student can sign in to the application.
When will students be notified if they have been selected to receive a scholarship?
Students will not be notified until after the application closes and applications are reviewed. Notifications will be made throughout the summer and continue through the fall semester.
- Applications will be reviewed and eligibility requirements will be determined.
- Once that has been completed, students will be notified though their FRCC student email, if they have been selected to receive a scholarship through the FRCC Foundation.
- Selected students will be given further instructions about how to accept their scholarship (also through their FRCC student email).